I hope that throughout the years I will remain open to new technologies and the new pedagogies that go with them. I don't want to become one of those people who are set in their ways and refuse to see the potential in any new technology apart from what they are familiar with.
This is especially because of the way the Ministry of Education has really embraced e-learning. Its mention in the curriculum and in the digital learning strategies show a move toward a meaningful and realistic integration of e-learning into practice. When I say realistic, I mean that in the Ministry documents it comes across to me that they are very understanding about the practicalities of teachers implementing e-learning, how some teachers will find it harder than others and how some will use it in larger or smaller ways than others. I think this flexible stance is a good one as it encourages teachers to use what they can however they can without being rigid and causing fear in them about not measuring up to technological requirements or the like. Perhaps it is uneducated of me to say this, but I feel that the Ministry of Education have done/are doing a great job of using strategy and policy to encourage e-learning, in the end it is up to the schools and individual teachers of what they do with that encouragement.
And I guess the hope is that by using e-learning effectively in our own classrooms and being positive and enthusiastic about it, that those people who are a little set in their ways will be inspired by our classrooms and as a result decide to try new things out themselves.
We can't completely write off something when we see it working effectively next door!
No comments:
Post a Comment