Monday, May 10, 2010

Assignment two

I have decided to look into podcasting for my second assignment. I became interested in podcasting when I read a reading (can't remember what it was now) at the beginning of this course which talked about how you can use podcasting to improve speech, articulation and comprehension in literacy. As a drama teacher I am always on the look out to help students improve their articulation and the clarity with which they speak. I hope that by doing my BOT presentation on this topic I will learn some great ways of using podcasting in all areas of curriculum, but mainly in literacy. I feel excited about the assignment but a little worried as I have yet to start and have so much to do! At least I have my topic which is always the most important thing!

Stay tuned and I will post in any interesting ideas I find.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gina

    I was really interested to read that you are doing podcasting for your second assignment. I have also decided to do the same but thought I would do a presentation for the staff. I didn't think it had enough grunt for a BoT presentation. I am interested in the angle you have decided on? I have also found some good readings which I could email to you, if you are interested?

    Anne Cawley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne,

    I just saw the other day that we can present it to colleagues, I thought we could only do it to the BoT, I will now be doing it to colleagues too! If you've found some readings I would love to have a read! I haven't really done much research so far, will do a big effort this week. Haven't quite decided on my angle, probably just as a tool for improving oral language. How about you? My email is gmat031@aucklanduni.ac.nz

    ReplyDelete