Friday, May 14, 2010

My first Podcast

This is my first podcast! It took several goes to get it right, and when I played it back I realised that towards the end I start getting really slow, but these are the things that we learn as we go! I'm sure my next podcast will be even better! I used Audacity and was able to record my podcast, then go back and delete parts of it and re-record, then I just placed them in the right place, you can sometimes hear the transitions. It was a great experience to do this. I had a bit of fun doing it too, even though I didn't put in any fancy things or sound effects. I hope to learn how to do this in the future!

I can see that it will take quite a bot of scaffolding and modelling for students to get a handle of them, but in essence they are easy to record. The more I think about them the more excited I get to be able to use them in writing and oral language, and more!

Grant (2007) has great ideas on podcasting and suggests (among other things) that the teacher make podcasts to give instructions to students - she suggested it as both a fun listening exercise for the students and also as a way of communicating instructions without speaking them in person. I thought this was a marvelous idea because it means that when students finish work they can go on to their next task without interrupting the teacher working with a group.

http://www.box.net/shared/ru9hiznpoi - the link to my podcast if it doesn't show up embedded in this blog post. F
or some reason the embedding wasn't quite working.

Grant, L. (2007). Podcasting in learning. Curriculum Matters, 6(4), 9-12.

No comments:

Post a Comment