Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Online Work
It just occurred to me today that I am starting to adjust to online learning! When I first started this course I was intimidated by what seemed like heavy demands (posting on forums, following weekly course guides, reading online). I felt that I was so behind, and was a little nervous about posting things to the forum because it seemed so much more formal than a normal class discussion, and I worried that my ideas would be wrong. But now I am just beginning to get the hang of it all and it doesn't seem so bad. Perhaps it was my time management (or lack thereof) at the beginning but I am starting to feel that online courses aren't so bad and that I could probably handle another one in the future. In fact I quite enjoy it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Gina - I found the same when I started learning online. Some courses even have discussions which are part of the assessment which is challenging, but I like that as it makes sure everyone is taking part and is able to express their ideas and opinions.
ReplyDeleteIf only I didn't find it so hard to read my readings on a screen - have still got a bad habit of printing long ones so I can write and highlight all over them! Still a digital immigrant I think!
Glad you enjoyed the course too, good luck.
Jacqui