I hope that I will find examples and case studies of teachers effectively using the technology that I, and other people reading my findings, will be able to use in practice.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
I have decided on my topic for my e-learning aspect that I will be researching into and doing my assignment on. This aspect is Interactive whiteboards (or as I have just learned, IWBs). I chose this topic because they are becoming more and more wide spread in classrooms and I want to see how their learning potential can best be maximised. I think there is a trend emerging both from anecdotal experiences with the technology that people have relayed to me, and also from research in this area, that often what is happening in classrooms is very low level use of IWBs, in terms of using it for simple activities where the students answer a question and the teacher enters the answer they want, or as a way of jazzing up a lesson as a visual aid, neither of which fully exploit the potential of the IWBs, and in many cases the students remain passive observers and are not really engaged, let alone being challenged and extended.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment